And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God. Philippians 1:9-11 NIV
Our New Pastor—Mark Gonzalez
• After two years of searching for a Pastor, we have been blessed that the Lord has led Mark Gonzalez to us.
• We have found him to be of high moral character, having strong conviction and to be of sound doctrine.
• We have had many opportunities to hear his sermons, meet his family and get to know him a little more.
• We have had a very good response from the congregation.
• So, after thorough review, PER THE CHURCH BY- LAWS; the Search Committee recommended Mark to the board and by unanimous vote it was agreed to bring him on as our new bi-vocational pastor.
We say bi- vocational because Mark will continue teaching at the Bradenton Christian School while fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of the pastoral position here at Faith Bible Church.
Mark Gonzalez - A Brief Bio
Pastor Mark Gonzalez is from Philadelphia, Pa.; the son of Henry and Olga Gonzalez. He was saved at an early age in the Christian school ministry. Mark met his wife, Janelle, while attending the University of Delaware. Mark served as a high school history teacher and under the mentorship of Pastor Ed Connaster, began preaching at Refuge Christian Fellowship, in Maryland. He and Janelle were commissioned to serve as missionaries in the Dominican Republic. After returning to the States in 2011, Mark was ordained to preach at Refuge Christian Fellowship. Mark felt called to Bradenton in 2015 and is teaching history at the Bradenton Christian School. Janelle is a registered nurse. Gabriella is married and residing in Tampa. Daughter Izzy is a senior in college and Ted is in 7th grade and attending BCS. All their children know the Lord and have been homeschooled or attended a Christian school.
Cooper graduated from Liberty University with a Master of Divinity-Apologetics. He served as a Chaplin at Cornerstone Academy in Gainesville, Florida and is currently a teacher at Bradenton Christian School.
FIND YOUR FAITH
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1 NIV